AAA Pearl-Valley

Golf Cart AA

Medical Certificate for a Golf Cart:

The private golf clubs in the State of Victoria were designed as walking only courses therefore golf carts are limited. However, golf carts can be pre-booked on these courses if you provide Golf Explorer with a medical certificate in advance.



ETA Visa:

All visitors to Australia, regardless of age, require an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa to enter Australia. The visa costs $20AUD and must be applied for this online, before you leave home. An ETA visa is valid for one year from your date of application and allows you to stay in Australia for a maximum of 3 months.


Check in AA

Luggage Allowance:

If your golf itinerary includes flights between Australia cities, please be aware that luggage allowances on internal flights can be a lot less than on international flights. If booked in advance, Golf Explorer can purchase extra luggage on these flights for a small additional fee.


Packing AA

Pack Jumpers:

It is a common misconception that Australia is always hot and sunny. Not exactly true! Even when it has been 30 degrees centigrade during the day, temperatures can drop quite considerably in the evening, requiring you to wear a jumper or long pants. 


Australian Wine AA

Wine Shipping:

If wine tours are included in your Golf Explorer golf holiday itinerary, we can arrange for you to visit wineries that provide a free shipping service back to your home country.


Tipping AA

Tipping in Australia:

Unlike in the US, there are no hard and fast rules about tipping within the service industry in Australia. If you want to tip you can, but many Australians only tip 10% in restaurants and bars, if they feel the service has been good enough to warrant it. On the golf course, it is common practice to tip your caddy. Caddy tips range from around $50AUD to $70AUD.


Australian Plug AA

Plug Sockets:

The Type I plug is mainly used in Australia. This has two flat pins in a V-shape as well as a grounding pin. A version of the plug, which only has the two flat pins, exists as well. Australian plugs are different to the three pin British plug.


Covermore Travel Insurance AA

Travel Insurance:

We advise that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking your golf holiday. If you are then unable to travel, due to circumstances outside of your control, you may be able to claim a full or partial re-fund. Golf Explorer offers a range of CoverMore travel insurance products at competitive prices, including travel insurance for seniors and frequent travellers.


Sun Protection AA

Sun protection:

The sun in Australia is fierce and you will need to protect yourself from it’s harmful rays by wearing a hat and sunscreen both on the golf course and whenever you are out and about. With one of the highest-incidence of skin cancer in the world, Aussies are taught from a young age to ‘Slip, slap, slop’ – Slip on a shirt, Slop on the 50+ sunscreen, Slap on a hat.


Australia Driving AA

Driving in Australia:

Australians drive on the left side of the road and most vehicles have the steering wheel on their right side. Around 70% of Australian cars are automatic transmission. When hiring a car, manual transmission (stick-shift) is generally only offered as an option for the cheapest and smallest cars.